RollerCon is insured by Women’s Flat Track Derby Insurance (WFTDi), USA Roller Sports (USARS) and Canada Roller Derby (CRDi) and Roller Sports Canada (RSC). All Skater and MVP passholders must be insured by one of these bodies to skate at RollerCon.
NEW THIS YEAR: WFTDA, USARS and CRDi cover flat AND banked track!
- USARS & CRDi insurance holders are automatically covered on banked and flat
- WFTDA insurance holders may purchase a $5 banked track rider (which will cover them during RollerCon events only)
ALSO NEW THIS YEAR: WFTDA and USARS are offering event coverage!
- Purchase WFTDA Rollercon event pass: $25 flat track only, $30 banked and flat (Open to attendees from outside of the US). More info to TBA!
- Purchase USARS Rollercon event pass: $20 banked and flat track (scroll down to links!)
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you also carry personal primary medical insurance. WFTDA insurance details. Roller Sports Canada and CRDi reciprocity details. International travelers should purchase supplemental traveler’s medical insurance.
If you HAVE accepted insurance:
All insurance must be verified before the skater may put on their gear; no exceptions. If you entered your USARS or WFTDA number when you bought your ticket, we’ll pre-verify it before the event. If you didn’t know your number then, but you do NOW, you can update your insurance info here (see form below). If you did not enter your number (or gave us a wrong one, or didn’t know it, whatever), you can update it now or we can verify your insurance coverage when you register at the event. Please note: Verification at the event means longer lines – for everyone. PLEASE PRE-VERIFY or BRING YOUR INSURANCE CARD, if you can. The insurers don’t always send us their most recent lists, so if you have your card, it will make your life (and ours!) a lot easier.
You DON’T HAVE accepted insurance:
If you do not have currently accepted coverage, you can purchase WFTDA or USARS membership or event-only coverage, in advance (see below), or at the Insurance table in the RollerCon Registration area. PROBABLY Cash only, so please come prepared. If you wait to purchase it on-site, that line gets *really* long. Purchase in advance.
WHO SHOULD PURCHASE EVENT COVERAGE?
- Skaters who don’t have current, verifiable USARS, WFTDA, CRDi or reciprocal insurance: Skaters from outside the US must have valid event coverage or verifiable insurance from one of the listed organizations to skate at RollerCon. You may have nationalized insurance or primary insurance at home, but the only way RollerCon can hold the venue-required liability insurance is if all our skaters are covered under our accident / injury policy.
- Coaches, Officials, Refs and skaters with USARS membership in other disciplines
Coaches, Officials and USARS members in other disciplines must purchase roller derby competitor event coverage to participate in scrimmages, on-skates workshops, Challenges and bouts in RollerCon skating events. Skaters with Officials memberships may ref or coach, but no skater may *compete* without Roller Derby membership or event coverage. Event coverage is the same price for men and women.
- Skaters who don’t currently have USARS or CRDi but want to participate on skates in banked track events. WFTDA, and RSC reciprocity do not extend to the banked track events.
- USARS accepts CASH ONLY for event coverage purchased at RollerCon.
- Purchase $20 Event Coverage in advance.
- Purchase Annual USARS membership.
Annual WFTDA Insurance
Annual WFTDA insurance is now available to all skaters, including those who are not affiliated with a WFTDA-member league. Insurance requirements and applications are listed at wftda.com.Your insurance coverage will be confirmed immediately upon completing the online enrollment process. Print the confirmation page as proof you have purchased coverage. The confirmation page contains your WFTDA insurance ID. You will also be able to log in at any time (wftda.com/login) to verify your insurance ID. If you have any trouble, please email email@example.com.
Purchase WFTDA Insurance:
- Annual coverage is for the calendar year, pro-rated on July 1st
- Purchase WFTDA Insurance: https://wftda.com/resources/insurance
- Please stay tuned for more info.
If you didn’t have your insurance info when you registered, or it changed, please give us your correct info using this form: